Monday, March 21, 2011

Upcycled, Recycled...the Ultimate in Leftovers!


http://www.etsy.com/listing/39006049/set-of-fifty-50-hand-punched

I find the terms upcycled and recycled to be almost interchangable, especially when I think about these tags. They're made from scrapbook paper scraps - they would go to the recycle bin - but now they're yet another product!

The ultimate in recycling is turning leftovers into another meal and my favorite is my Faux Lasagne. Based on a recipe from Company's Coming - this is a really simple way to take spaghetti or pasta leftovers and turn it into a rich lasagna!

In a large casserole dish (I use a round, about 4 inch deep one), put leftover spaghetti or pasta with sauce (I make my spaghetti with lots of meat and vegetables and a little less pasta), about 3 inches deep.

Cover with a layer of sour cream and then cottage cheese (or just sour cream is really good too). Cover with a layer of shredded cheese - whatever kind you like. You can even add some parmesan if you want.

Cover and bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees farenheit - we want the cheese to be bubbling. Yum!

No comments: