Friday, March 11, 2011

It's snowing! Argh! Have some banana bread!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62773932/snowflake1-4-inch-diecuts-handmade


It's March! There isn't supposed to be anymore snow! So to warm up I'll be making my Healthy Banana Bread!




This recipe is based on an old family one that my Grandma makes - she calls it Banana Loaf and it uses white sugar and flour. I'm trying to go a little healthier in my house so I've upped the fiber, lowered the sugar and of course doubled the recipe so I don't have to bake quite so often.




In a large blender combine thoroughly:



6+ bananas (I use frozen ones because I really don't like overripe bananas - thaw first)

4 eggs

3/4 c softened butter

1-1/2 c brown sugar (or less)

1 tsp vanilla

2 Tbsp lemon juice





Combine in a large bowl:



3 c whole wheat flour

2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt





Mix wet with dry thoroughly. Divide between two greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees Farenheit for 40-60 minutes. Check with toothpick for doneness. This makes a soft, yummy loaf!

No comments: