Friday, January 21, 2011

Treasury and Healthy Cookies!

http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4d38cd5bb4516d913192a65c/black-is-lovely

This is a gorgeous treasury! She was kind enough to feature one of my newest listings http://www.etsy.com/listing/66358146/handmade-love-valentines-card-or-wedding - I think this card is a great combination of modern style with a scrapbook vibe.

Someone asked me for this recipe the other day - we eat these Healthy Cookies all the time - I don't buy granola bars anymore! The recipe is based on the recipe on the back of Roger's Porridge Oats - I've modified it and tripled it so I don't have to bake these as often. Enjoy :)

Simple Version Breakfast Cookies Triple Batch – original recipe from Rogers Porridge Oats

In the large bowl of a mixer (I use my bosch) fitted with dough hook or heavy paddles add:

3 c whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 ¼ tsp salt
1 tsp allspice
4 tsp cinnamon
4 tsp ginger

Mix for a minute to combine.

Add:

3 tbsp grated orange rind – optional, if I don’t have it I used flavoured dried cranberries
9 c porridge oats
2 ¼ c chopped nuts – I use a combination, whatever I have in the house
1 ½ c seeds – pumpkin or sunflower or even unsweetened coconut
3 c dried cranberries or raisins or a mixture of both
½ c dark chocolate chips or more

Mix to combine.

Add:

6 tsp vanilla
6 eggs
2/3 c oil
3 ¾ c applesauce
1 c brown sugar – or less, I often use honey or agave syrup and sometimes just a half cup

Mix really well. Grease cookies sheets. Using a medium scoop shape cookies, bake 15-20 min at 350 F. These do not spread so you can put a lot on a sheet or use mini muffin tins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely be trying these!
Thanks!
Bel